Is someone you care about sick with a cold or the flu and want to help but don’t know what to do? Suppress your sniffles with a Get Well Care Package. When a friend, family member, or loved one is feeling under the weather, here are some ideas for creating the ideal care package to make them smile. You can leave it safely on their doorstep as a contact-free approach to express your care!
Here are some things to think about when putting together your care package:
Comforts Care Package Idea
Staying at home in your PJs may sound appealing, but when you’re fighting a cold, you may need something to help pass the time. Fortunately, we offer a few recommendations to keep symptom sufferers engaged.
- A great novel
- Epsom salts for a warm, relaxing soak
- Scented candles (they’re nice even if they can’t smell them!)
- Snuggle up with a warm, comforting blanket or quilt.
- Comfy, fuzzy socks to keep your feet toasty.
- A book of jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, or sudoku puzzles
Second Care Package Idea: Healing Foods
Certain foods have therapeutic characteristics that can help your body fight an illness and make you feel better. Include some nutritious items in your sickness care package to assist your sick friend, family member, or loved one in recovery.
Homemade chicken broth or soup:
These are high in vitamins, minerals, and protein, as well as fluids and electrolytes, and will keep them hydrated and robust. Furthermore, chicken soup contains the amino acid cysteine, which dissolves mucus and has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties!
Tea with herbs:
Tea is a natural decongestant; its tannins contain antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal effects. Toss in some fresh lemons, which are high in Vitamin C and aid in removing phlegm.
Raw honey is high in antioxidants and creates a hydrating, cough-soothing, antibacterial drink when combined with tea or warm milk.
Water from coconuts:
Coconut water, which is high in potassium and electrolytes, is a beautiful, refreshing, and delicious method to stay hydrated, which is one of the most important things you can do when you’re unwell.
Bananas and oatmeal are both high in calories and nutrients and are simple to prepare while you’re unwell. Bananas also include soluble fibre, which can help reduce diarrhoea, while oatmeal is high in protein and can help boost the immune system.
Fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that promotes good immunological function. So, include fruits and vegetables high in this important nutrient in your get-well-soon care packages, such as oranges, kale, kiwis, broccoli, lemons, papayas, and strawberries.
for a Care Package: First Aid
Now that the necessities have been met, try adding some goods to help alleviate their symptoms and provide much-needed relief.
- face tissues to protect the skin by retaining moisture
- A nasal decongestant available over-the-counter
- A neti pot or other nasal irrigation device to aid in sinus clearing
- Menthol-containing rubs or ointments to make breathing easier
- A relaxing hot/cold pack for tired, aching muscles
Care Package Idea: Personalization
Show your sick friend, family member, or loved one how much you care by including something from the heart.
- A message was written by hand.
- A personalized playlist of all their favourite songs
- Allow Them to Rest
- You do not need to limit your care package to what will fit in a get-well-soon gift basket. Inquire if there is anything you can do to assist them in sleep. These modest gestures will allow your loved one to concentrate on recovering.
- Offer to walk their dog for them.
- Make them dinner.
- Run a few errands.