• Fri. Feb 23rd, 2024

KVPY Cutoffs and KVPY Results

Byadmin

Nov 13, 2021
KVPY Results

381 Views

The KVPY is an examination conducted to identify and nurture the talents of students aspiring to pursue a career in research. The examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Sciences. The KVPY examination is conducted in three streams – SA, SB and SX. The SA stream is for students in Class 11. SX is for students in Class 12 and for students in the first year of bachelor’s degree in Science can appear for SB stream.

The examination is held once a year. The examination is of great importance to the students who wish to do their PhD and take up a career in research. The candidates will receive the admit card for the examination after the application form is submitted and the admission fee is paid.

The examination will include four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Every subject has two parts. KVPY is a computer-based examination consisting of multiple-choice questions. The examination includes negative marking for wrong answers and is conducted for 3 hours. The results and cutoff score of the examination are released on the official website at the same time.

KVPY Results

The results of the KVPY examinations are released on the official website by the Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore. The KVPY results have to be checked by entering the login credentials. The scorecard of the result will have all the details like the candidate’s name, application number, stream, aptitude test marks and total marks. The candidates can check the result carefully and if any discrepancy is found, the authorities have to be informed immediately. The results of the examination are usually published in the month of April every year. However, there was a change in the examination dates and the results dates due to the ongoing covid crisis.

KVPY Cutoffs

The minimum marks required to qualify for the interview round is called the cutoff. The KVPY cutoff score is released after the results are out. The cutoff score is decided on the basis of the number of students appearing for the examination, the difficulty levels of the examination, the highest and the lowest marks of the students and the number of scholarships available.

The KVPY cutoff score is different for various categories. The students who score above the cutoff marks are eligible for the interview round and if they clear the interview, they will qualify for the scholarship. The scholarship is given to the students once they enrol for a bachelor’s degree in Science. The students must also get the minimum required marks in Class 11 and Class 12 examinations. The required forms will be sent to the candidates after they join the undergraduate course. The candidates must fill in the form and submit it, for the scholarship to be activated. The KVPY rank list is prepared based on the marks obtained in the aptitude test and interview. The weightage given to the aptitude test is 75% with the remaining 25% given for the interview

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *